As a reputable business owner, you need a custom email name instead of a generic Yahoo or Gmail account. For instance, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your business email address speaks for your professionalism and dedication. Beginners often choose free, generic business email accounts because they don’t want to spend too much money on these things, but you shouldn’t think that way. Business email has a critical role in your communication with clients, and it should reflect your company’s style.
Not all business email accounts are paid. You can also benefit from free yet unique domains from different providers and take your business to new heights. Let’s dive into the 10 best email accounts for business and learn more about their key features and downsides.
What is Business Email Address?
Business email address is the one consisting of your company’s domain name – email@example.com. Since it reflects your business, your customers can easily identify you, which takes your communication to the next level.
10 Best Paid & Free Business Email Address Solutions in 2021
Now that you are aware of the importance of a neat business email address, we can go through the best free and paid methods of getting an email domain for your company.
Gmail for business is one of the most commonly used emailing applications worldwide. It features an intuitive, convenient, and efficient user interface with an ad-free experience and advanced anti-spam features.
- Grammar and spell-check capabilities
- Works with Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, etc.
- Advanced anti-phishing features
- You can view and open attachments without opening the message
- Connect with others using Google Meet and Chat.
- Since Gmail is connected to your Google Drive, you might have problems receiving emails once you run out of storage.
Outlook is an excellent choice for designing a custom work email. It is an all-encompassing email service provider that comes with Exchange Server, Exchange Online, and Office 365. All these apps allow you to access shared calendars, email, and contacts anytime and anywhere.
- Ultimate protection of your confidential information
- Helps you find the needed information quickly
- Built-in calendar that allows you to schedule and manage meetings and events
- Intelligent reminders
- A simple way to find everything you need in the email.
- Minimal integration options.
- 7 Best Web Hosting Providers in 2021
- How to Recall an Email in Outlook: 10-Second Guide With Print Screens
- How to Change Signature in Outlook – 2-Minute Guide + Print Screens
- Microsoft Teams vs. Slack: 11 Key Reasons to Vote for Teams
- Microsoft Teams: Meaning, Mission + 8 Key Benefits
- 9 Best Work Order Software to Save Money & Meet Success (2021 Edit)
- 12 Outstanding Collaboration Tools for Remote Teams (Free & Paid)
You can use GoDaddy to create a one-of-a-kind company email and take your communication with clients to the next level. GoDaddy is a prominent hosting company that offers email hosting services that match your domain. In addition, it secures emails using the most advanced protection methods and secure databases.
- Schedule appointments a get regular reminders
- Restore accidentally deleted emails in a second
- Works with any email app
- Up to 50 GB of storage per user.
- Cumbersome user interface.
4. Zoho Mail
Zoho Mail is a super-safe email hosting provider for your company. It allows you to tailor a unique business email quickly and efficiently, while its intuitive control panel helps you manage group aliases, add new users, or set up policies to manage business email content.
- Integrate with Zoho CRM to manage your sales
- Detects and protects you from fake emails
- Add comments, share files, moderate tasks, etc.
- Mobile-friendly app
- Ad-free email hosting.
- Only 5 GB of free storage space.
Bluehost is a professional business email service provider that offers a free business email with its web hosting plans. It is the most suitable solution for those who want to build a website with WordPress and need a unique domain name and a web hosting platform to make their page live on the web.
- Free emails with all web hosting plans
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface
- Automatic updates
- 24/7 available tech support
- Collaborate with your teammates via Microsoft Teams.
- Annual commitment required.
6. Yahoo! Mail
If you are looking for an email for business with exceptional security features, look no further than Yahoo! Mail. It allows seamless registration and employee management, relying on top-notch SSL encryption to ensure 100% secure communication between client and server.
- Easy to use interface with tons of options for password management, mailbox transferring, etc.
- Choose a theme to customize your inbox
- Search email by contact, keyword, or date
- Use Yahoo! Mail mobile app to keep track of emails while traveling
- Advanced anti-spam features.
- Outdated user interface.
Mail.com is one of the best free business email accounts with a rich portfolio of domain names, allowing you to choose from 200 different domains for your business. With Mail.com, you will have no problems finding the best domain to fit your business, but you may not find the software design too attractive.
- A broad range of domain options (workmail.com, programmer.net, secretary.net, etc.)
- Excellent virus protection
- Spam blocker
- Message forwarding
- Contains annoying ads.
ProtonMail is a free business email account with end-to-end encryption features that ensure the utmost security for users. When setting up your ProtonMail account, you won’t have to enter your real name or any other personal data – all you do is choose a domain name and create a secure password.
- Excellent security features
- Android and iOS mobile app
- Free plan available
- Message expiration
- Zero-access encryption that prevents any unauthorized access.
- Limited amount of daily messages, even in premium plans.
Mailfence cares about the clients’ privacy, which is why it has exceptional security features. It offers a broad range of domain names you can easily customize. The software provides a comprehensive API and control panel to create, manage, and upgrade your accounts at any time.
- Built-in KeyStore to manage your encryption keys
- Seamless integration with email services and clients
- Free business email plan available
- Share files, calendars, contacts, and mailboxes
- Synchronize business email account via mobile and desktop.
- Plain user interface.
HostGator is a prominent web hosting company that offers free business email to its users. HostGator offers various plans for both beginners and big businesses, allowing you to pick one that fits your business needs.
- Free domain for the first year
- Plenty of storage
- Flexible terms
- Unlimited email accounts and email storage
- Fast and reliable web hosting for your business website.
- Unreliable customer support.
How to Choose the Best Business Email Provider?
It is essential to pick a proven and reliable business email provider to ensure you get the best services for unique business purposes. Here is the list of factors to keep in mind when looking for a provider:
- A company’s reputation: Ensure your email service provider has a good reputation since your email address is the first thing your clients see.
- The archive features: Look for a service that offers smooth saving, storing, archiving, and message search.
- Privacy capabilities: Don’t underestimate the power of advanced security measures. Find a provider with robust protection from unauthorized access and spam emails to avoid potential data breaches or phishing attempts.
- Integration options: Pick an email service that works well with other business software, such as calendars and productivity suits.
- Reliability: Your business email service should be available around the clock, allowing you to use it at any time.
- Storage: Always look for business email accounts with substantial amounts of storage to keep all the necessary files in one place.
- Ease of use: An intuitive user interface is a critical factor in choosing a business email account. If you are a beginner, stay away from software with a learning curve and the training required to explore all the options.
- Advanced features: Extra features, such as task scheduling or message recall, may come in handy from time to time.
Email for Business FAQs
Yes, it is possible to create a free business email address without a website. Still, you will probably have to pay for business email domain name registration. All you need to do is sign up on the hosting provider website and create your email address.
Email storage space is the amount of data that your messages occupy on the server. The size of email attachments also counts, meaning that PDFs, images, slides, and similar files also occupy the server’s space.
Most professional email accounts come with fixed storage space. Once that limit is breached, you won’t be able to send or receive emails – therefore, monitor the current storage space to prevent inconveniences caused by message delays.
Unfortunately, you cannot create a free business email without domain registration. If you don’t want to register a domain, you may pick Yahoo! or Gmail. However, it won’t include your business name, and it won’t be considered a business email address.
Sometimes it may be difficult to register for the desired domain because it has already been taken. You can add different suffixes or prefixes to alter your business email name and use various domain name search tools to check its availability.
Although the .com domain is the most common choice among personal and business email accounts, you can also try extensions such as .org, .net, and similar ones suitable for your company.
Follow these steps to create a business email quickly:
- Visit a website of a hosting provider you’ve chosen
- Choose a hosting plan
- Pick a domain name
- Create a business email address and accept changes
- You can access your business email address.
Conclusion: Why Do I Need a Good Business Email?
Apart from helping your clients recognize you as a brand, a unique business email address can enhance other aspects of your business, as well:
- Professionalism: An email address that matches your brand reflects your professionalism, ensuring your clients take your business seriously.
- Authenticity: When clients receive emails from a company with a unique email address, they will know that the message comes from an authentic source.
- Brand promotion: Every email you send from a business account is a step towards successful brand promotion and brand recognition.
- Consistency: A business email address allows you to be more consistent when emailing your clients, encouraging you to send emails using the same format.
- Anti-spam: When your customers recognize you by your brand name, they won’t mark you spam, while generic email accounts are more likely to be spammed.
Choose Secure Networks ITC to Deploy a Work Email in a Blink of an Eye
As a busy business owner who wants to focus on the job, you wouldn’t waste your time on creating business email accounts by yourself. Instead, save your time and money by hiring professionals from Secure Networks ITC and let them set up a work email, register for a domain name, and help you pick the most appropriate hosting plan for you.
Secure Networks is a prominent San Diego IT company with a long-standing experience helping small businesses establish a safe and reliable IT infrastructure. Call us at (858) 769-5393 and start empowering your business right away.