How to Find the Best Law Practice Management Software?
Choosing the best legal software is not some kind of science, but you need to figure out your business needs before you decide to purchase the program. The good thing is that most of the programs offer a free trial which can give you an insight into the features – try as many software as you can before you invest the money in some of them.
Here are some basic features of the lawyer software:
• Case management
– this feature helps you manage tasks, tracking, and phone messaging. Besides, it checks for conflict interest and the statute of limitations.
• Document management
– the software can draft your files and link them to word processing apps.
• Document assembly
– this feature includes creating legal documents using automated templates – from simple letters and forms to sophisticated legal documents.
– you can have an insight into your appointments, meetings, tasks, and deadlines on a daily, weekly or monthly basis and you can schedule it in one click.
• Billing and time tracking
– you can follow the billable time on hourly, transactional or contingent basis.
• Accounting management
– this feature includes payroll, trust accounts, and receivables management. It also creates financial reports.
• Legal CRM/contact management
– you can track and store e-mail and phone call details, and the program will remind you if you need to call someone back.