IT SUPPORT FROM $39/MONTH
server : desktop : network : security
CONTACT US HERE
10 Best Live Chat Software Platforms Compared (2020)
Running a business online, you have access to more support and sales channels than ever. From phone to email, social media like Facebook and Twitter, there is no shortage of ways in which you can communicate with the costumers and users. Still, one software becomes quite popular: live chat.If you’re searching for a new way to boost your business, then the live chat software is the answer.
What is Live Chat Software?
Live chat software enables businesses to communicate with their website visitors in real time through chat windows.Customer service representatives can use live chat software to provide support to users who have questions regarding products or website navigation. Support agents improve user interaction with pop-up chat boxes. Its functionality may come as a feature of other software types, including e-commerce platforms and help desk software products.
How Live Website Chat Works
Live chat is a small window that pops up on the website to display text. It enables you to communicate with the online visitors via instant messaging instantly.On the entry level, the instant messaging part of the software works in the same way as a standard desktop messaging app like Skype; however, the site visitor doesn’t need any special software installed. The chat appears within their browser, and the visitor can chat with an operator by typing into the live chat box.
Once considered as an add-on that made communication easier for the business and costumer, live chat is a necessity for most online business. It’s because of slow email response times and waiting on the phone often send visitors to other websites.Here’s why live chat for website appeals to users.
- Pro-active communication: The great feature is the ability to contact your website users proactively. It means live chats can also be a powerful solution for upsells and sales;
- Real-time and instant feedback: Unlike email support, the answers are quick, so visitors can promptly get the solution for their issues;
- Improved customer service: it’s easier for your employees to “have the answers.” Agents can answer multiple visitors at once, transfer to another operator or refer to the documentation for tricky questions;
- Better user experience: Its text window skips contact forms or long phone menus. The answers are clear, without any miscommunication thanks to poor call quality or strong accents;
- High data-analyzing capacity: Using live chats, it’s easier to log answers for review than via phone. It’s helpful for analytics and to supervise the quality of the agents’ responses.
10 Best Live Chats for 2020
Live chat software enables businesses to talk efficiently and directly with online clients and target sales prospects while they’re visiting the website.Out IT professionals compared myriad options on the market and narrowed the list down based on ease of use, features, and pricing to find the top 10 live chats software in 2020.
LiveChat is an integrated help desk and chat solution that enables businesses of all sizes to communicate with their customers and visitors. The software embeds into the company website from where the website visitors can communicate with the operators through a chat window.Along with primary live chat feature, it offers add-on modules, for sales/marketing automation, and integrations with third-party CRM (customer relationship management) systems.
You can install LiveChat on multiple websites and connect with the bigger audience. Clients can be invited to the chat box by sending chat link via text messages and email. Each chat is automatically rated based on the analysis of the responses given by the users.LiveChat is customizable, enabling users to add various themes and colors to their chat boxes. The platform provides customer support via chat, email, and phone.
- Starter plan: $16/month per seat (logged in agent) billed annually or $19 billed per month – unlimited agent accounts, 60-day chat history, visitors tracking up to 100, and more;
- Team: $33/month per seat (logged in agent) billed annually or $39 billed per month – everything on Starter plan + visitors tracking up to 400, live chat dashboard, 2-step verification, and more.
- Business: $50/month per seat (logged in agent) billed annually or $59 if billed per month – everything on Team tier + visitors tracking up to 1000, agent activity, access restriction, etc.;
- Enterprise: $149 per set (logged in agent – annually billing only) – everything on Business suit + product training, software engineer support, security assistance, single sign-on, and more.
Olark is a cloud-based live chat platform that allows businesses to interact with online visitors via their website.Key features include automated messages, real-time reporting, team management, searchable transcripts, and more. The platform provides chat monitoring, targeted chat, and analytics within a tier. It can integrate with the HTML code of the site and enables users to add live chat options across all site pages.
Olark offers a trigger-based chat function, which facilitates sales representatives and customer agents to start a chat session with online clients proactively. When live chat operators aren’t available, this platform takes messages from users so that agents can reach out to them later.The software provides dashboards and customized reports to supervise agent activity and chat performance. Users can view the customer service process to make decisions regarding customer satisfaction improvement.
- $12/agent/month, billed every 2 years;
- $15/agent/month, billed yearly;
- $17/agent/month/, billed monthly.li>
- Premium features: transcripts, reporting, shortcuts, automated messages, integrations, unlimited chats, chat ratings, chat box forms, and more
- Free 2-week trial:
Pure Chat is a best free live chat software designed to allow small and midsize businesses to add a live chat feature to the websites.The solution integrates with different website management platforms, like WordPress, Shopify, Joomla, and Squarespace. This platform focuses entirely on live chat and enables businesses to connect with their online audience. The interfaces for both operators and costumers have many customization options to ensure that it matches the image of your website.
Pure Chat also features monitor and KPI (key performance indicator) tracking tools for administrators. It’s a cloud-deployed service and requires no additional on-site hardware installation.
Pure Chat Pricing
- Free tier: includes 3 users/operators, unlimited live chat, use on one website, and more;
- Growth: ($39/month + $8 per additional user paid annually), or ($49/month + $10 per additional user paid monthly) – everything in Free tier + 4 users/operators, real-time analytics, visitor tracking, 100 SMS notifications, etc.;
- Pro: ($79/month + $8 per additional user paid annually), or ($99/month + $8 per additional user paid monthly) – everything in Growth suit + 10 users/operators, use on unlimited websites, 1000 SMS notifications, and more.
Velaro is a cloud-based live chat software that provides real-time support on business websites, plus manages communications and engagements with the users. The platform caters to SMBs (small and midsize business) across different industry niches.It offers customization capabilities that help customers to modify chat buttons, surveys, and the chat box to include their brand. Velaro deploys inline and pop-up chat window designs.
This platform can automatically trigger a chat invitation after users make specific actions on the website. The solution comes with pre- and post-chat surveys which aid businesses to track their effectiveness and impact via built-in A/B testing.This software integrates with various third-party customer relationship management (CRM) and helps desk platforms such as Google Analytics, Microsoft Dynamics, Zendesk, Salesforce, and NetSuite. It delivers mobile functions to the customers that help them to access the platform remotely. Services are supported via live chat, email, FAQs, and phone.
- Small Business tier: $64.95/user – 5 groups, 3 proactive chat rules, agent surveys, and more;
- Professional: $179.95/user – everything in Small Business plan + unlimited groups, unlimited proactive chat rules, full customization, premium integrations, phone support, etc.;
- Enterprise: contact vendor.
SnapEngage is a HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) compliant live chat platform that supports businesses across various industries including real estate, health care, insurance, education, hospitality, and more. Key features are chat portal, SMS-to-chat, and custom design.It offers integration with various customer relationship management (CRM) platforms and feature a look and feel visitor interface modification options.
SnapEngage also provides the ability to transfer files to and from users via the live chat window and an option that allows customers to initiate a chat session directly from a cell phone by sending SMS.Third-party apps integrations include Facebook, HubSpot, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and Zendesk, among others. This platform provides support via online live chat, product videos, FAQs, email, and phone.
- Essentials plan: $16/user/month/annually (minimum 3 users) -Facebook messenger, match your brand, 3 widgets, etc.;
- Professional: $26/user/month/annually (minimum 3 users) – everything in Essentials tier + secure data transfer, 5 widgets, click-to-call, priority tiers, hours of operation, secure data transfer, and more.
- Enterprise: $40/user/month/annually (minimum 5 users) – everything in Professional suit + additional security settings, client success manager, one widget per agent, agent status API, etc.
Help.com is a live online chat platform for SMBs across all types of industries. Key features include integrations with other software solutions, monitoring agents' productivity, and advanced reporting.Other essential features of the software include pre-defined replies, visitor targeting, skill-based routing, predictive text, proactive invitations, agent scheduling, and customizable branding.
It’s a great app for smaller companies with plans for growth. All functionalities of Help.com have been designed with scalability in mind, so users don't need to change their system as they expand.This platform integrates with different third-party applications such as Shopify, Slack, Zendesk, Magento, and Salesforce. As with most live chats, Help.com is a cloud-deployed software. For more information about pricing, contact the vendor.
RELATED• 12 Best Collaboration Software for 2020 – Free & Paid • Top Office Printers – Buying Guide • 10 Best Payroll Software Solutions for Small Business • 8 Best Accounting Software on the Market • Top 10 Copiers for Any Business • 10 Best Case Management Software in 2020 • Top 6 CRM Software to Boost Your Small Business • The Ideal Antivirus Platform for SMBs • 5 Best Password Managers in 2020 • The Ultimate IT Outsourcing Guide
Comm100 is a live chat support platform suitable for both SMBs and larger companies. This solution allows businesses to engage their website visitors in real-time.It can be used by sales teams to identify and convert potential clients, or via support teams to address customers’ concerns in real-time. This software works for organizations in any industry requiring real-time user communication.
This solution offers three independently deployed editions, one for SMBs and another for large businesses. The Team edition includes a user-friendly interface, flexible pricing, and it’s mobile-friendly.The Business suit offers all of this, plus audio-video chat, extended reporting, custom variables, multi-language chat and auto-translation Enterprise tier offers all from Business suit with the addition of 24/t chat volume reports, chat routing/allocation, agent performance evaluation, automatic visitor recognition, and KPI (key performance indicator) reporting. It can integrate with Cisco, Avaya, GoToMeeting, and more. Enterprise plan can be deployed either on-premises or in the cloud.
- Team plan: $29/agent/month;
- Business: $49/agent/month;
- Enterprise: Request quote.
Chatra is a cloud-based live chat software designed for e-commerce retailers and small businesses. The platform increases conversions and online sales. This solution allows customers to ask a question or initiate an automatic conversation with all the users.It features a group chat functionality that lets various employees and product or account professionals to collaborate in the same chat box.
Other features of this software include chat notes, offline messaging, notifications, multi-lingual chat widget, read receipts, file transfer, dashboard, and more. Agents can provide customers with the information and expertise they require, without transferring the chat or waiting for the answer.The software also includes integration with Google Analytics that helps you to analyze data based on different cases. It can customize the look and feel of the live chat experience. Support is available via email and live chat.
- Free plan: One agent account, unlimited concurrent chat, chat notes, basic visitor info, and more;
- Paid suit: $15/agent/month billed annually, or $19/agent/month billed monthly – everything in Free tier + Facebook messages, paid agent seats x 10, chat reports, chat ratings, etc.
Bold360 is a cloud-based live chat solution that enables users to communicate and manage reports. Key features include live chat, messaging, agent productivity management, AI (artificial intelligence) self-service, analytics, reporting, and mobile engagement.Its mobile invitations create mobile-specific rules, design invitation functions, and customize design elements.
It comes with an SDK tool that embeds chats to iOS and Android apps. Available integrations include Google Analytics, Zendesk, Salesforce, and GeoFluent.Artificial intelligence tiers come with natural language processing, AI-powered self-service, chatbots, virtual agents, resource management, a dynamic search bar, smart agent bot assistant tools, smart routing, and knowledge base.
- Agent package: request quote – file transfer, video call, visitor monitoring, and more;
- Service (powered by AI): request quote – all Agent package features + customer intelligence, voices dashboards, conversational AI engine, etc.
- Advise (new): request quote – natural language processing, portal templates, comments, action bars, chrome browser extension, and more.
Zendesk is a cloud-based help desk management software providing customizable tools to create a knowledge base, customer service portal, and online communities.The platform includes live chat features, customizable front-end portal, and integration with apps such as Salesforce and Google Analytics.
This solution is used across a wide range of niches, including media, retail, technology, and many others. Its online customer portal helps agents to keep track of tickets raised and their status.It also can support pages with business logos, themes, and brand images. This platform enables users to build a knowledge base to address some of the most repetitive and prominent questions so that visitors can go through the basic set of queries. With this software, users can set up an online community where customers can post queries and reply too.
Zendesk include two pricing packages.
- Essential: $5/agent/month/annually or $9 paid monthly – email/social channels, web widget/mobile SDK, essential cards, interaction history, and more;
- Team: $19/agent/month/annually or $25 paid monthly – Essential plan + custom business rules, performance dashboards, public apps, and integrations;
- Professional: $49/agent/month/annually/ or $59 paid monthly – Team plan + multilingual content, CSAT surveys, and advanced analytics powered by Zendesk Explore;
- Enterprise: $99/agent/month/annually or $125 paid annually – Professional plan + skill-based routing, contextual workspaces, multi-brand support, and launch success program;
- Elite: $199/agent/month/annually (only) – Enterprise plan + unlimited light agents, 99.9% uptime SLA, 1-hour service level objective, advanced encryption security, and data center location;
- Professional: $89/agent/month/annually or $109 paid monthly – unlimited chat triggers, widget customization, public/private apps, operating hours, chat/agents reports, etc.;
- Enterprise: $149/agent/month/annually or $179 paid monthly – Professional plan + widget unbranding, real-time dashboards, web SDK, roles/permissions, and more.