How to Choose the Best Server Antivirus Software?
If your data is stored on a physical server it needs to be protected with adequate server antivirus. You can install the antivirus software free trial and see how it works, or you can purchase it immediately – however, you should find one with some of the 5 features listed below:
• Direct malware detection
– sever antivirus should provide you with quick malware detection and prevention from the threats including trojans, worms, and other viruses.
– this feature authenticates all the processes running on the server and prevents any malicious entities from penetrating the system and harming your computer. Unrecognized apps or procedures will be automatically sandboxed and run under special restrictions.
• HIPS (Host Intrusion Protection)
– this option monitors all the activities of the apps and processes on the server, and it stops any malicious activity that could damage the data, OS, system-memory or registry keys.
• Virtual Desktop
– this is a sandboxing environment which allows Internet access and beta-software testing without upsetting the file structure.
• Rescue Disc
– rescue disc performs pre-boot antivirus scans, and it can recover passwords, detect and remove the rootkit or allow you to transform the data from the damaged disc to another drive.