IT SUPPORT FROM $39/MONTH
server : desktop : network : security
CONTACT US HERE
5 Best Business Computers in 2020
If you think that the laptops totally replaced the desktop computers, you’re wrong. When it comes to business, having a durable and strong computer is essential since it represents the most optimal connection with you and your clients and partners. And yes, a computer can do it!When it comes to choosing the best personal computer, many people usually opt for one that is affordable, well-designed and whose performance is satisfactory. However, when you need to purchase one for business purposes, you must look for more than that. This computer business review will guide you through the world of the best desktop computers for business and their specs, and it will also advise you about the things you should have in mind if you want your PC to perform flawlessly – let’s get started.
Desktop Computers VS Laptops
To start, let’s see the difference between laptops and desktop computers. However, no feature determines which choice is better, but your needs are the ones who decide about it.
The Characteristics of the Best Business Computer
When looking for a computer for business purposes, you should have in mind various factors – CPU performance, graphics card, RAM, etc. Those factors are not that important when it comes to the personal computer, but business usually requires some demanding apps which won’t execute if the computer lacks the essential parts.Also, computers for personal use often come with bloatware – the preinstalled apps which can't be removed easily and they usually tempt you to purchase them. That's why they're cheaper than the business ones, which don’t contain bloatware. Here is a list of 7 things which you should have in mind when choosing the best business PC:
- RAM (Random Access Memory) – RAM has a significant impact on your computer performance. It doesn't have anything to do with the storage capacity, but it determines how fast your computer will execute the commands when opening multiple files at the same time.
Tip: Look for a computer with at least 8 GB of RAM. However, if you opt for 4 GB, search for one with the upgradable memory so that you can add more if you need it.
- Processor – strong processor is the most important feature of the business computer. Slow processor leads to poor performance and frequent "freezing," and you won't be able to run the demanding programs essential for your business.
- Storage capacity – it usually depends on your business needs. For example, if you mostly use Microsoft Office and similar apps, you won’t need more than 256 GB since you'll mainly save the documents or pictures to your hard drive. However, if you need to store large files like videos or 3D designs, look for computers with 500 GB or 1 TB capacity.
- Graphics card – the graphics card is what matters when it comes to businesses that require 3D modeling, video editing or even gaming. The most popular graphics card manufacturers are AMD and Nvidia, so, look for those when buying a business computer.
- Operating system – operating system plays a significant role in business computers. Most of them come with Windows OS (Windows 7 Pro or Windows 10 Pro) since it’s less prone to compatibility issues. You can also opt for Mac OS which is mostly used for graphic design and video editing.
- Backup device – as always, backup is a must-have. You can choose among the various backup options, but the most reliable one would be an external hard drive. You can store all of your data there, and it will remain safe even if you lose everything from your computer.
- The number of ports – the computer can never have too many ports. So, make sure you find one with a solid amount of physical ports which provide you with satisfactory Bluetooth and wireless connection.
The Best Business Computer Models in 2020
Now that you have seen the most vital business computer specifications, let’s go through the most prominent models which could be the best solution for any business – here is a list of 5 best business computers, their price, specs, advantages, and limitations – let's go.
1. Dell OptiPlex 7760 All-In-One
This is one of the best Dell business desktops, and it is a true heaven for graphic designers! It comes with marvelous design, 8-Gen i7 Dual-Core processor, 16 GB of RAM and Nvidia G-Force GTX graphics.It's a new generation of business computers, and it's suitable for most jobs.
- 27-inch 4K display – Dell OptiPlex 7760 All-In-One comes with a great display which provides you with the best visual performance. The display can be switched from landscape to portrait mode easily which is suitable for graphic designers who might need to observe their work from various perspectives.
- Pop-up module camera – if you are afraid of potential webcam spies, or you simply don't feel comfortable when your camera is visible, this computer will make it easier for you. There is a pop-up module camera which you can hide while you’re working on the computer and your safety will be improved.
- Many ports – this computer offers multiple useful ports – you can find Ethernet jack, HDMI port, display port, USB 3.1 ports, SD card slot, etc. Besides, they are easy to access.
- No touch screen – graphic designers usually crave for this option. However, this Dell business computer doesn’t support the touch screen, which could be extremely useful for some professions.
- No optical drive – unfortunately, there is no optical disc drive which could be essential for the business purposes. Still, Dell offers you to buy an additional DVD burner for $35.
Bottom line: This is a well-designed and powerful machine which has a lot to offer. It is suitable for creative professions which include 3D designs and photo and video editing, but the lack of touch screen optimization may be the reason why someone decides not to buy it. Also, it's a bit expensive, so paying extra money for the DVD burner is not a clever idea.
RELATED ARTICLES:• The Best Antivirus for Business in 2020 • 5 Best Small Business Routers for Your Business • 5 Reasons Why Small Businesses Need IT Support • Why Your Small Business Needs a VoIP Phone System - Explained • Office Monitor Buying Guide: What to Look for in a Monitor • The Best Office Printers + Buying Guide • Small Business Server in Detail • 10 Most Common Types of Cyber Attacks • Small Business Network Setup
2. HP EliteDesk 800 G4 – Tower
HP EliteDesk 800 G4 brings all the necessary features in a small package.It comes with Intel Core processor (8Gen, i3), 4 GB of RAM and 500 GB of storage capacity and that makes it suitable for various professions – from commercial video editing to oil and gas industries, hospitals and government.
- Multiple displays connection – this HP business computer allows you to connect up to 8 displays at the same time.
- ECC memory – ECC (Error Correction Code) memory is a type of computer data storage which detects and corrects the most common kinds of data corruption. That’s mostly used on the scientific or financial computing which doesn’t allow any errors.
- The highest level of protection – this business computer comes with the newest layer of safety – HP Sure Start Gen protects you from BIOS attacks or malware
- Integrated graphics – even though this computer has shown an excellent performance so far, integrated graphics can cause limitations when it comes to graphic-intensive work
- One Thunderbolt 3 port – Thunderbolts are crucial when it comes to connecting various 4K displays, and only one Thunderbolt 3 port might not be enough for the users.
Bottom line: Among the HP desktops, this is one of the most affordable choices for any profession, and it includes all the essential features. However, it comes with a wireless keyboard only, which means that you'll need to purchase a monitor in case you don't have one. And don’t worry about the 4 GB of RAM, you can upgrade it to up to 64 GB.
3. Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny
If you’re working on a small desk, then you surely need a computer which doesn’t occupy a lot of space.In that case, try Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny – this tiny, but powerful workstation comes with AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4 Core processor, up to 32 GB of RAM and 500 GB of capacity. It's affordable, and it would be the best small business computer.
- Space-saver – except it’s small and practical, you can also attach it to the monitor. In that way, you save a lot of space, which is convenient if you have additional hardware on your desk (printers, scanners, displays, mice…).
- Resistant to external influences – despite its size, this workstation is tough and resistant. It can't get harmed by dust or high or low temperatures, so you won't have to worry if your office is not equipped with air-conditioning or heating.
- Decent performance – due to the fact that it's coming with the integrated AMD graphics, its performance is quite good when it comes to less demanding apps like Microsoft Office and Internet browsing. However, it's not recommended to play video games or perform graphic-intensive work on it.
- Noisy – some users complained about the annoying noise produced by this workstation which distracted them while working.
- Too hot – this computer comes with integrated graphics; so, in case you run some demanding apps like games, it becomes too hot. Avoid executing such programs if you want your computer to last longer and to perform in the best way.
Bottom line: Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny is an excellent option for small offices since it doesn't occupy much space. Its price is pretty reasonable, and the features it brings are satisfactory for businesses that include constant work on Microsoft Office. However, it’s not recommended to use it for intensive programs like games or video editing.
4. Acer Chromebox CXI3
Let’s meet another small and practical machine – Acer Chromebox CXI3.It comes with innovative Chrome OS, and it brings an outstanding performance due to its i7 8 Gen Intel processor, 16 GB of RAM and 64 GB of SSD. It’s suitable for schools or any other business which seeks flexible desktop solutions.
- Android apps compatibility – since it comes with the Chrome OS, it works perfectly with the Android programs. That's suitable for students because they tend to spend a lot of time on their smartphones and this computer will bring them a similar experience.
- Air vents – this computer comes with air vents positioned on its right side; they don’t let it become too hot, and it allows you to work for hours without noticing any performance lack
- 64 GB SSD – even though it looks like it’s not enough, this amount of memory actually improves the speed of the computer. You can always buy an additional external hard drive if you need more space.
- Slow boot time – It takes it about 10 seconds to boot, which is more than its competitors’ score.
- Pricey – many users don’t agree with this computer’s price since it comes with Chrome OS which is not that implemented.
Bottom line: Acer Chromebox CXI3 is a compact device suitable for any type of office. It comes with a mouse and the keyboard in the box, and you can quickly move it from one place to another. However, some users might not be satisfied with the Chrome OS, since most of them used to work on Windows or Mac OS.
5. Mac Pro 2020
And here comes the Mac Pro 2020 – oh, wait, it hasn't come out yet! Many Mac enthusiasts can't wait to see the innovations which bring the new Mac Pro since it's Apple's first dedicated desktop since 2013.The features of the new Mac Pro 2020 are still unknown, so, you’ll see the customers’ expectations for this model.
- Upgradable GPU – the older model of Mac Pro (2013) didn't allow the upgrades. Graphic designers and video editors look forward to seeing the upgradable GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) which would provide them with better performance.
- Up to 4 TB SSD – that would be suitable for 3D modeling or photo editing in case you need to save files to the internal memory.
- Dual-processor option – the users believe that Mac Pro 2020 should implement the dual-core processor since it's crucial for the best business computers of the modern age.
- Nvidia graphics – many users, also hope that Apple will continue its collaboration with Nvidia which would provide improved graphics performance.
- Included mouse and keyboard – that's the most expected feature! Since the Mac Pro required purchasing additional hardware, many users are waiting for an all-in-one feature which would save them a lot of money.